We hope the following doesn’t put you off. It is intended to clarify what we are about and hopefully answer some questions. The sterner points are for the minority of folks who need reminding!
Especially that we do not take bookings from groups looking for a noisy party venue.
Payment of the deposit acknowledges that you have read, understood and accepted the accommodation details and our terms and conditions, as outlined on our website.
- A 50%, non-returnable deposit secures your booking. The balance is payable 1 month before arrival for all bookings. If you cancel within this 1 month we will return the balance (not deposit) only if we are able to secure another booking. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we feel it necessary and will refund all payments made.
- We apply a returnable good use/damages bond (min of £100 per barn) and require full payment 1 month before arrival from groups booking barns. The accommodation costs are kept down by visitors leaving the bunk barns as clean and tidy when they leave as they found it. All the materials and resources are in the barns to enable cleaning, rubbish and recycling disposal. You are expected to leave the barns as you find them and we will deduct costs for excessive cleaning, inappropriate uses, any damage or breakages we deem appropriate.
- You should arrange your own holiday cancellation insurance, especially during the winter.
- Arrival time after 4pm. Departure time before 11 am.
- The maximum capacity of each barn is as stated/agreed – the price is up to that maximum. If you have one extra person we may be able to accommodate them (Not the Little Barn – 6 person max). Extra persons in the bunk barns are charged £15 per night.
- Bunk barn visitors are reminded that the facilities in the bunk barns are for their use during their stay, please do not invite friends from the campsite to use the barn facilities as this greatly increases wear and tear. We do not offer camping to single barn bookings as this can cause excessive use issues, especially with poor weather!
- Parking is limited to 2 vehicles per barn in the farmyard. We encourage car sharing. If you are arriving with alot of vehicles you will need to park some in the overflow car park.
- Basic blankets and pillows are provided along with pillowcases, but sleeping bags/duvets and sheets, towels and tea towels are required.
- The farmyard is often busy with vehicles and is not for playing games in, please use the campsite, when open or work yard.
- All indoor areas at Bushey Heath Farm are non smoking, outside buckets are provided for smokers.
- We accept dogs by prior arrangement. (Not the Little Barn – dog free barn). Any dogs MUST be on a lead at all times around our working farm. Dog owners are asked to take special care to clean up after their dog outside and inside, especially dog hair and to avoid damage to polished wooden floors.
- We are not a noisy party venue and do not take groups wishing to bring any music systems, fireworks, chinese lanterns etc. The barns are in the curtilage of our home and you should be aware of this when booking. Please keep the late evening noise to an absolute minimum, especially after 11pm. Please bear this in mind when enquiring or booking.
We require full payment for your booking, this is non-returnable. You need to bring everything you would normally need for camping, except a tent! Because the Huts are made of wood and varnished inside follow these safety rules.
- Please do not use any gas, meths, petrol, candles or other naked flames in the Huts.
- Please cook outside the Huts.
- Only use electric torches in the Huts.
- Very hot pans mark the floor and varnish surface.
Good use –
- Maximum of 3 persons, please do not overload.
- Please clean out the Hut when you leave and take all rubbish and recycling to the bins near the toilets.
- All campsite rules, below, also apply.
- We take full payment for sole use bookings.
- We do not offer refunds.
- We do not cater for caravans/motorhomes or have electric hook-up points.
- BBQs raised off the grass, on the blocks, are fine, however NO OTHER FIRES OR FIREWORKS ARE ALLOWED.
- Please do not climb on or remove any stone from walls.
- We are a NO MUSIC OR RADIOS site.
- We are not an appropriate venue for a party or hen or stag groups.
- We are not a noisy party venue so please keep the late evening noise to a minimum, especially after 11pm. Please bear this in mind when enquiring or booking.